Acceptable Use Policy and System Rules
Keene Valley Video cautions you to be sure you understand the risks before viewing or retrieving any files or software on the Internet. These links are not under the control of Keene Valley Video. Keene Valley Video makes no representation regarding the content of these sites, nor the quality, safety or suitability of any software or files found there. Customer understands further that the internet contains unedited materials some of which are sexually explicit or may be offensive to some people. Keene Valley Video has no control over and accepts no responsibility for such materials. Under no circumstances shall Keene Valley Video, it's affiliates or it's contractors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages that result from customer's use of information provided through this service, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, defects, delays or any failure of performance.
Kvvi Cable Modem Service
Subscribers are not allowed to resell the Service or otherwise make available to anyone the ability to use the Service (i.e. Wi-Fi, or other methods of networking), in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, or on a bundled or unbundled basis. The Service is for personal and non-commercial use only and you agree not to use the Service for operation as an Internet service provider.
Subscribers are not allowed to transmit unsolicited bulk or commercial messages or "spam." This includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other solicitation material, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail.
Subscribers are not allowed to operate a web server without written permission from KVVI authorities.
You are responsible for any misuse of the Service, even if the misuse was committed by a friend, family member, or guest with access to your Service account. If you a using a wireless router, it is your responsibility to password protect it from outside sources.
Using file sharing programs (peer to peer) to distribute copyrighted music and/or movies is illegal and is strictly prohibited.
Web Page Content
KVVI reserves the right to remove any page at any time for any reason. We are committed to making KVVI internet system a clean environment for all. Please keep in mind that there are young children using this system.
SYSTEM RULES AND CONDITIONS OF USE
KVVI agrees to provide its Customers with internet access upon the following terms and conditions:
1. Customer shall not do any of the following: Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Service and/or the Internet; post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law, including without limitation the U.S. export control laws and regulations; post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, worm, cancelbot or other harmful component; upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, information, software, or other material which is protected by copyright or other proprietary right or derivative works with respect thereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or rightholder ; abuse or fraudulently use the Service in any way not specifically set forth above.
2. Customer understands that KVVI does not operate or control the Internet in any way, and that all merchandise, information and services offered or made available or accessible on the Internet are offered or made available or accessible by third parties who are not affiliated with KVVI. CUSTOMER ASSUMES TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR CUSTOMER'S USE AND CUSTOMER'S AUTHORIZED USERS USE OF THE SERVICE AND THE INTERNET. KVVI does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to any merchandise, information or service provided through the Internet, and KVVI shall not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any such transaction.
3. Customer understands further that the Internet contains unedited materials some or which are sexually explicit or may be offensive to some people. Customer and Customer's Authorized Users access such materials at their own risk. KVVI has no control over and accepts no responsibility whatsoever for such materials.
4. The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title, noninfringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. KVVI does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error free or that any information, software or other material accessible on the Service is free of viruses, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful components.
5. Under no circumstances shall KVVI be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that result in any way from Customer's or Customer's Authorized Users use of or inability to use the Service or to access the Internet or any part thereof.
6. Customer agrees that KVVI has the right to monitor the Service electronically from time to time and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate the Service properly, or to protect itself or its subscribers. KVVI will not intentionally monitor or disclose any private electronic-mail message unless required by law. KVVI reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials that, in its sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable, or in violation of these Rules and Conditions.
7. KVVI is a privately maintained system. KVVI reserves the right to suspend or terminate any person's access to the Service if it deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, that they have violated any of these Rules and Conditions. The decision of the System Administrator of KVVI concerning termination or suspension shall be final and binding.
8. If Customer is dissatisfied with the Service or with any of the Rules and Conditions of Use, Customer's sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate this Agreement by providing KVVI with no less than thirty (30) days prior written notice and to discontinue using the Service.